Most people remember where they were when these came down.
I do.But I won't lie, I didn't really get it.
When I heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into a building, I thought it was intense. I didn't imagine that it was what it was.
I admit. I didn't know what the World Trade Centers were.
It wasn't until I saw the flames, and the smoke, and the chaos, and the president, that I knew it was a big deal.
Any time an anniversary comes around, especially one of ten years, it causes reflection. This one has certainly done so for me. Its hard for me to connect to an event that happened so far from me, to people I don't know. My heart hurts for those who lost love ones, but I've been trying to think of how the events of 9/11 have directly affected me. To be honest I'm not sure I know, but I will tell you what I do know.
I know that I am grateful that I have had a happy ten years since that epic day in 2001. I am an incredibly blessed individual. I owe a lot of my happiness to the United States of America. It is this free country that allowed this man
the religious freedom to speak openly about Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ appearing to him in a sacred grove of trees, and his assignment to restore priesthood keys to the earth. It is this free country that allowed these guys
to cross the plains and establish the church in the "tops of the mountains." It is in this great country that I have received an education and lived safely in a home with people that I love. I can choose to dance. I can choose to marry. I can choose to go to church every Sunday.
Maybe these things have nothing to do with 9/11. But because of this anniversary I have reflected on these things and the many, many, blessings that I enjoy.


Brooke!!! Love that you have a blog... so happy I just found it. We need to hang out asap!
ReplyDeleteyes we do and you need to invite me to your blog!
ReplyDelete