Friday, September 2, 2011

Visits

Last week we had our first visitors! Nicks parents came to check out our new turf, and we had a great time. We went to San Fransisco and did a go-cart tour which was just a hoot. We got milkshakes at Ghirardelli  square, ate some yummy chowder, visited Nick's new home on campus, and finished putting our little apartment together. They even gave us a nice housewarming gift, a step ladder so that I can reach our shelves! (I was pretty stoked about about it because now I can reach the oreos. Nick was stoked about it because now he doesn't have to get up and get them every time i want an oreo.)

This is the beautiful Oakland temple. We are excited to have a temple just as close to us as when we were living in Salt Lake! It is up on a hill that has the most spectacular view of the bay.
This is the view from the temple. You can't really see anything, but trust me its amazing.
This is at Fisherman's Wharf. The debate was weather or not the water was colder than Bear Lake.
This is my new favorite part about the wharf. I could watch these guys for hours! (They are sea lions if you can't tell )
The Jenson boys at the tower on Cal Berkeley's campus.
This really has nothing to do with the post, but I beat Nick in Risk and in doing so took over the world with pink squares. I was excited about both aspects of the win.

 Thanks Rick and Diane for a couple of fantastic days. We hope you will now be advocates for visiting Brooke and Nick in Berkeley.

No comments:

Post a Comment