We live in California. It has happened. We are residence of the long state on the side of our country. The drive was long, especially because we couldn't drive over 60 MPH with our trailer tied behind us. Those of you who know me well will be pleasantly surprised to know that I didn't sleep one wink the whole 12 hours. I stayed awake the entire time so that I could keep my husband company while he drove, and drove, and drove. When we finally arrived it was late. And we were tired. So we blew up our bed, and camped out in the living room. In the morning, the slow leek in our air mattress left us on the floor, but we slept like logs. (At least I did. Nick claims I push him to the side of the mattress where he almost falls off, but why would I do that?) This week we have shopped, built our ikea furniture, and explored our new neighborhood. So far, we are excited. Nick has been attending orientation for his new program that starts next week, the whole reason we are living here in the first place. He's excited. As am I. Its going to be a good year.
before the drive.
the morning after. (the drive)
unpacking.
our bedroom.(i think 3 of those boxes are nicks)
our first meal in our new place. (mmmm turky and doritos)
We are pretty dang excited to be here, and thanks to the lovely McCaye Badger and her trusty fiance, Chris, we have a great place to stay. We're still pulling everything together, but we do have a leaky air mattress ready for anyone that wants to come visit!
4 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment